How Long Since You Asked?

I just finished re-reading This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti. He has angels prompting people to pray when the spiritual battle becomes hot and heavy. It reminded me of times in the past when God's people have been wakened in the night to pray for someone far away who is in need of prayer at that moment. It happened frequently with saints who've gone before us.

I believe it's the Holy Spirit, not angels, who does the prompting, but it seems like a long time since I've felt that nudge. It bothered me, and I asked the Lord why.

He said, "How long has it been since you asked how to pray?"

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, what a power question, Ginny! Definitely something I need to consider...

Many blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Growth

Four Types of Besetting Sins and Three Reasons to Avoid Them!

A Risky Business