Not Jonathan Livingston



All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment. Isaiah 64:6

I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. Romans 7:18

You were washed. . .you were sanctified. . .you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God. I Corinthians 6:11

Perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you, declares the Lord God. Ezekiel 16:14


I'm so proud of this photo, even if it was an accident. I just wanted a picture of a sea gull, and I grabbed it, not knowing if the bird was even in my sights at the time.

I love what was caught by my camera lens in that fraction of a second.

Yes, it is just a seagull. That unimpressive, annoying bird who struts awkwardly up and down the beach, looking at you out of the corner of his eye with that half defiant, half apologetic expression, as if he knows you don't like him and are about to shoo him away.

The one who scuttles up to steal from your chip bag when you aren't looking, then scurries off, leaving his dirty germs behind.

But in the air, soaring toward the light, against the blue, blue sky, he's beautiful.

I think it's a metaphor.

Disclaimer: This bird is not related to Jonathan Livingston Seagull, who was created to explain (and does so very aptly) the christological doctrine of the Mormon faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Growth

Four Types of Besetting Sins and Three Reasons to Avoid Them!

A Risky Business